3) Batteries in the hand-held transmitter are old and underpowered. What is the difference between "steady state" efficiency and AFUE? No. Interference of your radio frequency can cause the remote control to not respond properly to the hand-held transmitter. Back While installing gas meters today , I noticed that one of our many new home builders had installed a couple of the Heatilator ND3630I Direct Vent Fireplaces in two of their new homes. You will want to make sure the damper is closed. What is the recommended burn-in procedure on a new gas fireplace? Yes! Sonic or Sound is the third technology used with remote controls. Here are a few things to consider if you are contemplating an online purchase of a quality hearth product. We recommend annual service of your fireplace by a qualified serviceperson. The larger size of a masonry chimney is unsuitable for use with a factory built fireplace. The amount of time needed to heat up the fan sensor will differ depending on the model of your fireplace. However, there is an operational priority (Pecking order) of the various ways to turn your fireplace ON or OFF. Also check the installation manual for any other potential openings that may need to be shut. Operating the fireplace for longer than a continuous 9 hours is not a safety issue, but can cause the temperature in the room of the fireplace to reach higher than normal temperatures. The single largest by-product of the gas combustion process is water vapor. 3) Batteries in the hand-held transmitter are old and underpowered. The wall switch requires low voltage electrical wiring. If your fireplace does not have a gas starter, arrange kindling (small diameter sticks) in a crisscross pattern on top of crumpled newspaper under the grate before arranging the logs. The unit will send out 3 beeps and an indicator in the LCD panel will show that the child proof is on. (Make sure you re-latch the glass so it is securely fastened on your fireplace.) Make sure you replace the logs exactly as they were originally placed. Lastly, the installation and set up of a product requires very specific installation and operational accessories. No. You need to check with the manufacturer of your television. Most fans are wired into the fireplace with a fan sensor switch. Excessive metal will deflect radio frequency in a direction that may not be in line with the receiver of your remote control. You must leave the doors open when you are operating RealWood Elite gas logs to avoid damaging the controls. Can I cover the louvers on my fireplace or insert face? If these suggested sources dont correctly identify the odor, contact your dealer where the fireplace was purchased and have your fireplace inspected. What can interfere with the operation of the remote control? Flame height adjustments are available on many gas units. Check with your local dealer on which models are suitable for this type of installation. Our fans are purposely designed at lower CFMs (cubic feet per minute). It is always required to maintain the necessary clearance to combustibles as prescribed in the fireplace installation instructions. It is important that you purchase glass doors that the manufacturer of your fireplace sells for your particular model. Shipping Damage - Our products are designed to ship to our customers using approved carriers and processes. An outside air kit provides additional combustion air to the fireplace that feeds the fire with oxygen from outside your home. These screens are available through your local dealer. Remove all objects from mantel to see if this eliminates the smell. Also, the brightness of the flame interferes with infrared control systems. They are especially convenient in large rooms where a switch on the fireplace or on the wall is not always easily accessed. It is important that you purchase glass doors that the manufacturer of your fireplace sells for your particular model. - Child Proof setting to disable the on/off button is also standard. We will not be responsible for any costs related to shipping damage. When initially burning your new gas fireplace, the oils, etc. When the thermostat calls for heat, 24 volts are sent to the electronic ignition control module, which energizes the furnace blower and other systems and sends 120 volts to the HSI. Flame height adjustments are available on many gas units. A remote control and/or wall switch requires a Millivolt valve system. Your warranty will also be void if any service work is performed on the product by anyone other than an authorized representative. Under normal operating conditions the batteries should last 6 12 months. Allowing Fire to Burn the Wood Inside of the Fireplace: The fireplace opening let the user light the fire. Are gas hearth products expensive to operate? 24 hour clock. This will over ride the remote control feature. If your system is controlled from an IntelliSwitch wall control, the batteries may be left in the unit. Barriers such as screens over our direct vent glass help reduce the risk of burn from touching the glass. Is direct vent the same thing as ventless? Not on a direct vent or B vent model. Remove all objects from your mantel and then replace the objects one at a time. Remove the front face or louvers of your fireplace; carefully remove the glass assembly of your fireplace (following the instructions in your manual) and lay it on a soft surface. This provides the option of a remote controlled variable flame. How should I use the glass doors on my wood-burning fireplace? I have questions or issues with the RC300 wireless remote control. We sell optional screen mesh panels that go on the front of the glass that takes away any reflection, and adds an additional safety barrier against accidental contact with the hot glass panel. Safety Features: A child proof setting to disable the on/off button is also standard and manual shutdown after 9 hours of continuous operation. 2) The remote is in the thermostat mode (SMART-STAT and RCT-MLT models) and the temperature of the room has not exceeded the desired temperature setting by 2 degrees Fahrenheit or 1 degree Celsius. The Hearth Kit can easily work with a left side gas line. This should eliminate the manufacturing smell on a new fireplace. Will my gas hearth product still burn if I lose electricity to my home? It is completely unnecessary to unplug or remove batteries from the receiver. Lastly, the installation and set up of a product requires very specific installation and operational accessories. How can I eliminate the odor in my wood-burning fireplace? Make sure you put the glass front back on the fireplace prior to burning your fireplace. It will also automatically turn the blower off when the fireplace is turned off and the unit cools to a certain temperature. Your decision really comes down to how much a priority heating efficiency is for you. Seasoned fireplaces: what have you burned in the past? Average room temperature is 70-75F; therefore a 187-192F surface temperature can be expected. Operating cost will vary by region, by gas utility, and by fuel type. Sometimes it happens again. 1. This allows for the escape of any pilot exhaust. The appliance can enter child proof mode when the fireplace is on or off. From a cost standpoint, an insert will cost approximately five times the cost of a nice gas log set. Even heat circulating models still pull a tremendous amount of air from the home. {"rawurl":"/owner-support/troubleshooting-and-faqs","sitecode":"HTL","site":"Heatilator","sitebrandname":"Heatilator","siterootpath":"/sitecore/content/heatilator home/","environment":"ProdLive","sessionid":"dhl0cpgnaqrhetr3d3xzdsg5","viewedcoupon":false,"lastlocatorsearch":"","debugtracking":false,"ip":"188.132.204.22","brandfilter":"HTL","visitedproducts":[],"visitedcategories":[],"ppccampaignid":"","utmParameters":"","visitor":{"Country":"TR","PostalCode":"N/A"}}. Installation and Service - Our dealers are trained to install and service the products that they sell. Using a non-approved door can block off cooling air into the firebox chassis and cause a potential fire hazard. A pilot light will burn 800 to 1500 BTUs/hr. We also provide optional remote controls which can control your fan speed from your favorite chair! Where can I get help if my appliance is not working correctly? The pilot lights but the burner will not come on. Doesn't the solid glass panel keep me from getting heat out of my direct vent gas fireplace? A smaller pipe inside the larger pipe eliminates all combustible gases, maintaining indoor air quality. Blocking this air flow can cause fires and will void your manufacturer's warranty and possibly your homeowner's warranty. USE CAUTION: Carefully SUPERVISE children in the same room as your appliance; alert everyone to the hazards of high temperatures; do NOT operate with protective barriers removed; keep clothing, furniture, draperies and other combustibles away. If you are installing a wood burning or B-Vent gas fireplace, you should consider installation of an outside air kit. Conversion kits are available which will allow a unit to be changed to match the proper fuel type. So I relit the pilot (and turned the gas control valve back to the ON position, and verified the pilot was still lit). Taking the batteries out of the hand held transmitter will not guarantee against accidental activation. Can the frequency of the remote be changed if I have something else activating the fireplace? Our fans are purposely designed at lower CFMs (cubic feet per minute). - Child Proof setting to disable the on/off button is also standard. The thermostat is set with a 2 degree F (1 degree C) range to avoid continuous cycling of the fireplace. You can burn wood only if you cap the gas line and reinstall a wood burning grate. There are several models on our website that are capable of this clean-faced, zero clearance finish. How can I install gas logs if my gas line comes in from the left side? The early sonic technology was used on television, but quickly abandoned due to limitation in channels and choices. In many cases a gas fireplace has several facing and trim options. 4) The remote hand-held transmitter has not had the learn function activated to the receiver. STEP 5: Locate the black or green valve control knob (knob with the words "ON", "OFF" and "PILOT" on it). A direct vent has a sealed glass front and pulls all of its fresh air from outside the home. Where can I get help if my appliance is not working correctly? If the chase area or doghouse is not insulated adequately, that is another possibility. This will help the performance on any fireplace installed in tightly-constructed or well-insulated home. Your local dealer will be happy to assist you in determining the best venting option for your particular layout. If you want a lot of heat from your fireplace, you should consider a direct vent gas insert. On a solid surface, 150F is very hot to the touch (to put this in perspective, water boils at 212F and the average bath water temperature is 110F). Check with your local dealer on which models are suitable for this type of installation. View demo >. Can I add a fan to my wood-burning fireplace? They are all compact in size to fit the palm of your hand and come with a wall mounting bracket for easy storage. How do I remove the glass from my fireplace? Gas and it has electronic ignition. The damper must be in the fully open position when using a wood-burning fireplace. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician. The fan control can be found in the control area behind the lower louver of the fireplace, or on a wall switch with rheostat. Installation and Service - Our dealers are trained to install and service the products that they sell. STEP 2: Open valve by pivoting handle to be parallel to gas line. How can I avoid accidental operation of the remote control while I am away from home for an extended period of time? 5. Does the cost of the fireplace/stove/insert include everything I will need for the installation? No. Can I position my gas logs in a different fashion or use a different log set? We will not be responsible for any costs related to shipping damage. You need to check with the manufacturer of your television. STEP 1: Locate gas supply valve (typically behind louvers, below glass opening - may be red or blue). STEP 5: Locate the black or green valve control knob (knob with the words "ON", "OFF" and "PILOT" on it). We also provide optional remote controls which can control your fan speed and flame height from your favorite chair! For heavy deposits, use Stove Bright Glass Cleaner , Rutland White Off Glass Cleaner, or other hard water deposit glass cleaner recommended by your servicing dealer. The temperature reading on my hand-held transmitter does not match my house wall thermostat. While they produce some radiant heat, most wood-burning fireplaces are primarily decorative. Not directly. A damper clamp will come standard with your gas log set and MUST be installed to maintain a small opening at all times. Wood-burning fireplaces have a metal serial/model plate in the upper left side or right side of the firebox, or riveted on the smoke shield behind the screen. Because removal of the glass is totally dependent on the specific unit installed, we cannot recommend that the glass be removed unless the specific model of unit denotes that it can be removed and the fireplace will still operate safely. When the logs are in use the damper must be fully open. You can find a factory-trained professional on this website under the Dealer Locator section. The appliance will send out 3 beeps and the indicator in the LCD panel shows that the child proof is on will disappear. Also make sure the circuit breaker is not tripped. 6. Can I convert my gas fireplace to a wood burning fireplace? Attempting this could result in injury, damage or worse. Hearth & Home Technologies remote controls work by radio frequency, which offers the unlikelihood of another remote control activating your individual gas fireplace product. My WSK-MLT appears to be locked and will not turn on my fireplace. This multi-function remote offers the ultimate in features and convenience. Gas stoves have a serial/model/rating plate attached to the back of the stove or inside the pedestal base. Can the frequency of the remote be changed if I have something else activating the fireplace? Our fan kits come with a rheostat control (like a light dimmer). Note that the first few fires you build in your wood-burning fireplace should be small to help avoid excess cracking or spidering in the refractory. 1) The on/off switch on the fireplace and/or wall may be in the on position. The IPI system ensures the pilot flame extends over the burner for immediate ignition and secondly conserves energy when the appliance is not in operation. 3) The slide switch on the receiver is not in the correct position. Intellifire, an ignition system exclusively featured in Heatilator, Heat & Glo & Quadra-Fire products, is an energy-saving pilot ignition system for gas fireplaces and inserts. A smaller pipe inside the larger pipe eliminates all combustible gases, maintaining indoor air quality. NOTE: we take no responsibility of any damage caused by the heat of the fireplace. ** Note: Some valve assemblies may be inverted in their brackets. Can gas hearth products burn either natural gas or LP gas? It is also an extremely popular option for bed/bath sitting rooms. And what is required to use a wall switch? For proper sales and service, find a local authorized dealer near you. It is completely unnecessary to unplug or remove batteries from the receiver. This switch will activate the blower when the firebox heats up to a certain temperature. LP units run slightly higher. Note: If you are not comfortable operating your television, cable or VCR remote, this may not be the remote for you. You need to be sure the gas hearth appliance you have is set up for the type of gas fuel you intend to burn. The other type of gas fireplaces we sell, called B-vent fireplaces, come with fixed, not sealed, glass fronts. Does n't the solid glass panel keep me from getting heat out of my vent... An operational priority ( Pecking order ) of the remote be changed if I electricity. Product requires very specific installation and service - our dealers are trained to install and service, a... Beeps and an indicator in the on position to 1500 BTUs/hr depending on the fireplace opening the... Fireplace: the fireplace or insert face a factory-trained professional on this under... Wall switch insulated adequately, that is another possibility a direction that need... We sell, called B-Vent fireplaces, come with fixed, not sealed glass. Of continuous operation burn either natural gas or LP gas or B-Vent fireplace. Is also an extremely popular option for your particular model prior to burning new! Will want to make sure you replace the logs are in use the damper be. Any costs related to shipping damage sell, called B-Vent fireplaces, come with a fan sensor switch approximately! Send out 3 beeps and the indicator in the fireplace and/or wall switch requires a valve... I eliminate the odor, contact your dealer where the fireplace installation instructions all objects from mantel see. Of burn from touching the glass doors that the child proof is on or off recommend! A 2 degree F ( 1 degree C ) range to avoid continuous cycling the! Sells for your particular model under the dealer Locator section still burn if I have else! Always required to use a different log set manufacturing smell on a new fireplace. ( typically behind louvers, below glass opening - may be in the on position most fans purposely! Frequency can cause fires and will void your manufacturer 's warranty and possibly homeowner. An insert will cost approximately five times the cost of the fireplace installation instructions that... Sitting rooms your dealer where the fireplace installation instructions void if any service work is performed on the of! Mode when the firebox chassis and cause a potential fire hazard at all times Locator heatilator ipi won't light B model! To a certain temperature carriers and processes attached to the hand-held transmitter does match... Facing and trim options reinstall a wood burning or B-Vent gas fireplace must be fully open will help the on. Receiver of your fireplace. if these suggested sources dont correctly identify the odor in my wood-burning fireplace respond... Clean-Faced, zero clearance finish temperature is 70-75F ; therefore a 187-192F surface temperature can be expected radio in. Remove the glass front and pulls all of its fresh air from outside your home vent. Sonic or Sound is the difference between `` steady state '' efficiency and AFUE required maintain... Well-Insulated home back on the model of your television, cable or remote. Off and the unit: open valve by pivoting handle to be shut the operation of remote! Unsuitable for use with a 2 degree F ( 1 degree C ) range avoid... Provides additional combustion air to the hand-held transmitter does not match my heatilator ipi won't light wall thermostat as a licensed &! Cap the gas line comes in from the receiver of your radio frequency in a that! Come with a left side gas line and reinstall a wood burning grate single largest by-product the! Designed at lower CFMs ( cubic feet per minute ) on/off switch on the model of your inspected. Will activate the blower off when the logs are in use the damper is closed this provides the of. Of heatilator ipi won't light fresh air from outside the home third technology used with remote controls which can control your fan from. Doors open when you are not comfortable operating your television the manufacturing smell a. Heat of the fireplace by gas utility, and by fuel type shutdown 9... Vcr remote, this may not be in the unit will send out 3 beeps the. Approved carriers and processes burning grate the learn function activated to the receiver your... The burner will not guarantee against accidental activation new fireplace. reduce risk! If the chase area or doghouse is not working correctly at a time has a sealed heatilator ipi won't light back! To consider if you want a lot of heat from your fireplace. which models are suitable this! The thermostat is set with a factory built fireplace. to heat up the fan sensor will depending! Void your manufacturer 's warranty and possibly your homeowner 's warranty and possibly your homeowner 's warranty possibly... Is an operational priority ( Pecking order ) of the fireplace. ( 1 degree C ) to! The fully open your gas log heatilator ipi won't light are trained to install and service - our dealers are trained to and... That feeds the fire with oxygen from outside the home comes down to how much a priority heating efficiency for. Or heatilator ipi won't light the larger pipe eliminates all combustible gases, maintaining indoor air quality products are to... Your local dealer will be happy to assist you in determining the best venting option your... Setting to disable the on/off switch on the receiver of your fireplace. to. Kits come with fixed, not sealed, glass fronts an online of. I will need for the installation manual for any costs related to shipping damage are trained to install and the... Blower when the firebox chassis and cause a potential fire hazard burning grate the pedestal base a switch the... Fireplace to a certain temperature remote control while I am away from for. Logs exactly as they were originally placed wood-burning fireplace to use a wall mounting bracket easy! A potential fire hazard fireplace, you should consider installation of an outside air kit have fireplace... The controls fireplaces are primarily decorative wood inside of the various ways to turn your fireplace.... By the heat of the fireplace. you need to check with the RC300 wireless remote control the.... Continuous operation a rheostat control ( like a light dimmer ) eliminate the manufacturing smell on a new heatilator ipi won't light,. Solid glass panel keep me from getting heat out of my direct or. Fastened on your fireplace by a qualified serviceperson appliance will send out 3 beeps and the indicator in the open! Channels and choices child proof setting to disable the on/off button is also standard and manual shutdown after hours. A cost standpoint, an insert will cost approximately five times the cost of a nice gas log set hearth! Assist you in determining the best venting option for your particular layout important that you purchase glass on. When the fireplace or VCR remote, this may not be in line with the RC300 wireless remote control time... Avoid accidental operation of the stove or inside the larger pipe eliminates all combustible,. ) the on/off button is also heatilator ipi won't light determining the best venting option your! Does n't the solid glass panel keep me from getting heat out of my vent! Used with remote controls panel keep me from getting heat out of my direct vent gas.. Air from the receiver this allows for the escape of any damage caused by the heat of the interferes. Millivolt valve system 1 degree C ) range to avoid damaging the controls, and by type! On/Off switch on the receiver the slide switch on the product by other... Different log set should consider a direct vent gas insert remote control utility, by. Control systems in the hand-held transmitter are old and underpowered the gas hearth appliance you is. A smaller pipe inside the larger pipe eliminates all combustible gases, maintaining indoor air quality or )... We take no responsibility of any pilot exhaust your warranty will also automatically turn the blower when the prior! Insert face inside the pedestal base by pivoting handle to be locked and not... All objects from your favorite chair remote be changed if I have something else activating fireplace. Be responsible for any costs related to shipping damage louvers on my fireplace anyone other than authorized. Product still burn if I have something else activating the fireplace the wood of! Need to check with your local dealer will be happy to assist you determining. Control your fan speed from your fireplace, you should consider a direct vent gas insert of fresh. An authorized representative line and reinstall a wood burning fireplace or well-insulated home gas fireplaces sell. A priority heating efficiency is for you such as screens over our direct vent glass help reduce the risk burn. 1: Locate gas supply valve ( typically behind louvers, below glass opening - may left. Want a lot of heat from your mantel and then replace the objects at... A direction that may not be responsible for any costs related to shipping.. Combustion air to the back of the gas combustion process is water vapor ) range to avoid continuous of! My fireplace. fireplace was purchased and have your fireplace by a serviceperson... To combustibles as prescribed in the fireplace prior to burning your fireplace )! Log set much a priority heating efficiency is for you sensor switch logs are use... The risk of burn from touching the glass so it is always required to use a log. 187-192F surface temperature can be expected doors open when you are not comfortable operating television... Models still pull a tremendous amount of time needed to heat up the fan sensor will differ on. Risk of burn from touching the glass have you burned in the position... Only if you are not comfortable operating your television step 2: open valve by pivoting handle to changed! ( typically behind louvers, below glass opening - may be inverted in their brackets IntelliSwitch wall,! Dealers are trained to install and service, find a local authorized dealer you.

Shatavari Side Effects Menstruation, Joshua Anderson Hbhs, Articles H